Creating a Multi-Step Form
When you have a big form you may want to add the fields into steps. Follow the steps below to create a multi-step form.
Note: These are multi-step forms and not multi-page forms.
Adding a Step
- Click on the "Add New Multi-Step" button on your multi-step bar.
- Lets add a radio button for product selection into this step.
- After the user selected we want them to go to the next step so we need to add a next button.
WE like to have a 2 column grid so you can add back buttons to steps. Add a 2 column grid drag your NEXT button into the right column and align the button to be positioned right.
- Add another Multi-Step
- Lets add a name and email field into this step into this step.
- Repeat adding a NEXT Button as per step 1
- We would like the use rto go back to step one so we can add a BACK step button
- Add another Multi-Step (last step)
- Lets add a thumbs rating into this step and call it "Would you like to recieve our newsletter?"
- Repeat adding a BACK Button as per step 2
- Because this is our last step we need to add a SUBMIT button. We will do the same with submit as with the NEXT button.
- Done...Hit preview and go through your steps.
You will now have an area (a step) to put your fields into.
Drag the back step into the left column of to 2 column grid and aling it to be positioned left.
Swithing between steps
You can show specific step while building your form. This will make it easier to focus on a single step